Piotr Cysewski, Professor of Chemistry, D.Sc., Ph.D.
Piotr Cysewski was born in Poland in 1960. He has received the MD and Ph.D in Chemistry from Nicolaus Copernicus University, Torun, Poland in 1984 and 1988, respectively. In 2013, he was awarded receiving the title of Professor of Chemistry. Currently he is the General Chair of Physical Chemistry Department, Collegium Medicum, Nicolaus Copernicus University, ul. Kurpińskiego 5, 85-950 Bydgoszcz, Poland. He has published more than 100 scientific papers in the field of computational chemistry applied to biochemically interesting system. His current research covers such topics as cocrystallization of active pharmaceutical ingredient, structural and energetic diversities of modified double stranded DNA including epigenetic modifications and modelling of structure and properties of deep eutectics.
Education and carrier
- Diploma of Master thesis in Chemistry at the Nicolaus Copernicus University (1984)
- PhD at the Nicolaus Copernicus University (1988)
- DSci (habilitation) at the Polish Academy of Science, Bioorganic Chemistry Institute in Poznań (2000)
- Professor of Chemistry since 2013
- Position of the Nicolaus Copernicus University since 2006
- Professor of the University of Technology and Natural Sciences in Bydgoszcz since 2004
- General Chair of Physical Chemistry Department since 1999
- Post-doctoral position at L.P.B.C, C.N.R.S., Thiais (Paris), France (1990 )
- Invitation of C.N.R.S. L.P.B.C, C.N.R.S., Thiais (Paris), France (1991)
- Commision of European Communities exchange 1993 L.P.B.C, C.N.R.S., Thiais (Paris), France (1993)
- Invited professor in Johannes Guttenberg University of Mainz (1994)
- Organizing Committee of European Chemistry Congress
- Steering Committee Central European Conference Chemistry towards Biology